Thursday, January 04, 2007

Public Computer Info -- please comment!

Deidre and I are thinking of ways to communicate answers to those frequently-asked public computer questions to patrons, and also which questions to answer. Please let us know what kind of questions you get frequently. You can comment on this post to add your suggestions.

So far we have:

1) Can I bring in a program on a CD and use it at the library?

2) Can I look at pictures on a CD?

3) Can I add songs to my iPod/MP3 player?

4) Can I save/burn to a CD or DVD?

5) Can I use a flash drive/thumb drive/USB drive?

6) Can I open a document that was created in Works/WordPerfect?

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Henry suggested that we add something to warn patrons about needing CDs or memory sticks to save large PowerPoint files. They won't fit on a floppy disk if they're full of graphics.