Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Court-ordered community service

Today I stumbled across this great page on the city of Tempe's site, listing options for those seeking to do court-ordered community service hours:
http://www.tempe.gov/volunteer/court-ordered%20community%20service.htm
I printed off a page with East Valley agencies and am putting it in the volunteering file. I'll probably link to it from our volunteering page, in case we need to refer to it in the future. Might be a good job for a volunteer, to update this list. . .

I was hoping to get a list from Maricopa County, but the woman at the Community Restitution Program said that they only work with Adult Probationers, and that if we get one of them, have them call 602-619-1914 to speak with John, who can assign them to a community service job.

I think mostly what we get are lesser offenses, like DUIs, which don't involve probation. I spoke with someone at the Chandler Municipal Court, and she says they don't have a list (non since she's been there). They are told to go to "any nonprofit." This is probably where most of the people we get are coming from.

No comments: