Thursday, November 30, 2006

Those Walgreens photo CDs

I remember (vaguely) this going out on an email at one point, but you can't open Walgreens photo CDs on the public computers. Walgreens puts a photo viewing program on their CDs and the program tries to run, and it can't.

You should be able to open the photos in Internet Explorer (go to File - Open - Browse), although the computer I was working on hung up when I tried.

You can also open the photos in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. You should be able to use this to edit photos also, although I don't have experience doing it. Does anyone else? Does anyone have any other tips? Feel free to add a comment, or edit this post and add the info.

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Good post, Michelle. You can open the disk, just don't double-click on it, because it will want to run the program.

Go to My Computer
Click on the disk once to select it.
Go to File-->Open
Go into the folders (don't click on the program link) to see the pix.